If you walk around a college campus, you may be surprised to find that many students are older than the traditional 18- to 22-year-olds. According to the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, almost 35 percent of college students are 25 or older—that’s 68,000 students! And what about single moms who are also college students?
Today, almost 30,000 Oklahoma women are raising their families while attending college!
So, why even think about college?
- You’ll have the time to explore your interests, discover new areas of knowledge and set new goals.
- You’ll learn how to learn – how to think critically, solve problems and develop new skills.
- You’ll widen your circle of mentors and friends by meeting classmates, professors and people who are interested in the same subjects and careers that you are.
- It can take you out of a minimum-wage, entry-level job and into a good-paying career you enjoy.
- Studies prove it: Continue your education, and you’re likely to make more money and have a better life than people who don’t go to college.
- You’ll serve as a good role model for your children.